As I mentioned in my previous post, I ran into what I believe are some GPU issues with my Dell 7510. So, like any self-respecting nerd (is that an oxymoron?), I ordered a replacement part from parts-people.com and got to work. Prep Work As with most things these days, you can almost always find some… Continue reading A little maintenance task
Since cycling my cluster nodes is a “fire script and wait” operation, I kicked one off today. I ended up running into an issue that required me to dig a bit into ETCD in RKE2, and could not find direct help, so this is as much my own reference as it is a guide for… Continue reading Tech Tip – Interacting with ETCD in Rancher Kubernetes Engine 2
A colleague asked today about my home lab configuration, and I came to the realization that I have never published a good inventory of the different software and hardware that I run as part of my home lab / home automation setup. While I have documented bits and pieces, I never pushed a full update.… Continue reading What’s in a home lab?
I have been running in to some odd issues with ArgoCD not updating some of my charts, despite the Git repository having an updated chart version. As it turns out, my configuration and lack of Chart.lock files seems to have been contributing to this inconsistency. My GitOps Setup I have a few repositories that I… Continue reading Tech Tip – You should probably lock that up…
As I was upgrading WordPress from 6.2.2 to 6.3.0, I ran into a spot of trouble. Thankfully, ArgoCD rollback was there to save me. It’s a minor upgrade… I use the Bitnami WordPress chart as the template source for Argo to deploy my blog to one of my Kubernetes clusters. Usually, an upgrade is literally… Continue reading Rollback saved my blog!
With a new Home Assistant instance running, I have a renewed interest in getting everything into Home Assistant that should be in Home Assistant. Now, HA supports a TON of integrations, so this could be a long post. For now, let’s focus on my LED lighting. Light It Up! In some remodeling efforts, I have… Continue reading Mi-Light… In the middle of my street?
This is the continuation of a short series on transitioning away from the ISY using Home Assistant. Having successfully gotten my new Home Assistant instance running, move in day was upon me. I did not have a set plan, but things were pretty simple. But first, HACS The Home Assistant Community Store (HACS) is a… Continue reading Replacing ISY with Home Assistant – Part 3 – Movin’ In!
This is the continuation of a short series on transitioning away from the ISY using Home Assistant. Getting Started, again As I mentioned in my previous post, my plan is to run my new instance of Home Assistant in parallel with my old instance and transfer functionality in pieces. This should allow me to minimize… Continue reading Replacing ISY with Home Assistant – Part 2 – A New Home
This is the continuation of a short series on transitioning away from the ISY using Home Assistant. The Experiment I mentioned in my previous post that I had ordered some parts to run an experiment with my PowerLinc Modem (PLM). I needed to determine that I could use my existing PLM (an Insteon 2413S, which… Continue reading Replacing ISY with Home Assistant – Part 1a – Transition Planning
This will hopefully be a short series on migrating away from my ancient ISY994. They killed it! I have had an ISY994 since early 2018, and it has served me well. It is the core communicator with my Insteon and Z-Wave devices. However, Universal Devices is killing it in favor of their eisy device. Now,… Continue reading Replacing ISY with Home Assistant – Part 1 – Preparation